What are the symptoms of asbestos related lung cancer?
Different people suffer differing symptoms, with many not experiencing any during the early stages of the disease.
Initial symptoms may include:
- Persistent cough
- Coughing up blood or blood stained sputum
- Chest and/or shoulder pains
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
- Hoarse voice
- Finger clubbing
Symptoms may become progressively worse as the cancer grows, and may include:
- Same symptoms as above but more severe
- Fluid which may accumulate between the lung and chest wall, pleural effusion
- Arm/shoulder pain, weakness and pins and needles
- Swelling of the face