National Asbestos Awareness Day 2014
Posted: 3rd Sep 14 11:26 AM
Monday marked National Asbestos Awareness Day here in the UK, and it is important to remember that not only are more cases of asbestos-related diseases being diagnosed every year, but that asbestos is still a danger today – putting tradesmen at risk of exposure.
With this in mind, it is essential that you remain vigilant for the signs of these diseases, which include:
• Mesothelioma, a cancer which affects the thin membranes which line the chest and lungs, the abdomen or the heart;
• Asbestosis, a chronic lung condition defined as a diffuse pulmonary fibrosis;
• Pleural thickening, a non-malignant disease which affects the visceral pleura, otherwise known as a pleural plaque;
• Asbestos lung cancer, a rare form of lung cancer which is often diagnosed at a late stage due to the long latency period for the development and onset of symptoms;
• There are also a wide range of other conditions that could relate to an asbestos disease, and these can be found here.
If you have any concerns about your health then speak to your doctor as soon as possible, however if you need legal assistance, financial guidance or just some emotional support, give the National Asbestos Helpline a call.
If you’d like to find out more about what we do here, or for further information about asbestos-related diseases, give us a call free on 0808 223 0779, or start your claim today.