Mrs A, Electrician
Posted: 10th Apr 17 1:18 PM
Mrs A was the daughter and executrix of the estate of her late father, who had in November 2009 from mesothelioma. He was exposed to asbestos when working for Wolverhampton and Dudley Breweries (now Marstons PLC) and the Great Western Railways (British Rail). He had worked at British Railways for approximately 18 years as an electrician’s assistant and had been exposed to asbestos there. On occasions he and his colleagues would make footballs with asbestos and kick them around the site at Great Western Railways. He was also employed as an electrician with Wolverhampton and Dudley Breweries and on one occasion had to remove boilers and pipework which were lagged with asbestos. The claim was settled against both defendants.