If you have been diagnosed with pleural thickening our group solicitor have a team of specialist lawyers with extensive experience of dealing with claims of this nature and can help you.
Dedicated solicitors will endeavour to:
- Have regard to the sensitive nature of the claim and liaise with you and your family in a considerate and compassionate manner
- Advise on application for Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit and lump sum payments under the Pneumoconiosis Etc (Workers Compensation) Act 1979
- Commence thorough enquiries to establish the identity of the negligent party
- Secure an interim payment at the earliest possible opportunity if possible
- Pursue your claim using the Courts dedicated Fast Track service if appropriate
- Fully explain our no win no fee funding
What information will I need to provide?
We will take details from you about your employment and exposure to asbestos and incorporate this into a detailed statement. We are able to obtain a list of your past employers and the dates which you worked for them from the Inland Revenue so please do not worry if you cannot remember all of your past employers and the relevant dates.
We will also require information in relation to your medical condition and so will obtain your medical records. We will also collect further evidence from experts such as Doctors, engineers or nursing experts where necessary.
With your consent, all this information will be passed to our group solicitors.
How much will it cost me to bring a claim?
The solicitors would deal with the matter on a “No win No fee” basis. Under this agreement, you do not pay us anything if your claim fails.
The Company I worked for no longer exists?
As pleural thickening can develop many years after exposure to asbestos it is not uncommon for companies to have ceased to exist by the time the condition is diagnosed. Many of the past successful claims have involved companies which are no longer in existence. In this circumstance we will endeavour to trace the employer liability insurers via various searches and investigations. If we can trace the insurance company of the company which employed you then we can pursue the claim against them. In addition we also keep a record of insurers which have previously had claims against them, so we can easily access this information.